Throughout my career, I have met or exceeded all job performance and job-related expectations and often rewarded with corporate advancement. I maintain a positive, professional attitude and code of conduct. I am highly organized, goal oriented and focus driven. My strengths are leadership, administration, organization, analysis and discernment. I have a proven ability to analyze systems and processes and suggest solutions for increased productivity and efficiency. I am ready to join your organization and make a significant contribution to your team and organization’s brand.
Utilizing a blend of 35 years of experience, special gifts, unique abilities and the operational skills of Leadership, Team Building, Discernment, Analysis, Administration, Organization, I assist teams:
As a Mediator – Unfortunately, team members have disagreements. Those disagreements often lead to conflict. Work place conflict, when left alone, can escalate beyond control causing the loss of good managers, supervisors and workers. I have completed 80 hours of mediation training in Family, Civil, Commercial and Employment matters. I have been listed on the Louisiana State Bar Association’s Registry of Certified Mediators.
As a Financial Consultant/Analyst – I’ve served as a Capital Campaign Consultant and have developed a proven resource to increase revenue. I have analyzed many non-profit’s financial policies and procedures; sometimes in the midst of a discovered embezzlement. I conduct a “Financial Review,” something like an audit without the professional endorsement. I provide guidance on the correct federal (IRS) tax regulations, policies and procedures that can protect a church from financial liability.
As a Leadership Coach – Using the The Real You personal assessment tool I developed, individuals learn how to better understand themselves and others – “what makes them tick”. When pastors, staff and church members learn how to better understand each other and spot potential areas of disagreement, conflict is inherently reduced; and sometimes eliminated!
As a Analyst/Marketing Specialist – Being an award-winning regional sales manager, I understand effective and creative marketing. I have helped churches and organizations through the complete process of “rebranding”: including logos, colors, letterhead and church signage. I make recommendations about membership/accounting software, digital technology and proper usage of building and space issues.
As a Conference leader – I have shared the “Understanding Those Millennials” conference locally, regionally and nationally. I provide direction and organizational structure for small teams up to large, multi-faceted teams.
Contact me to learn more about these specialized resources.
- I have also been a manager in the food service industry on three occasions; excelled as a regional sales manager by landing some of the largest accounts in the firm’s history, I have maintained a personal/marriage counseling ministry for over 20 years. My hobby is diagnosing and fixing almost anything that is broken. My specialty is small engine repair.
• MASTER OF DIVINITY – New Orleans Baptist Theological Seminary Graduated 1997
• MASTER OF DIVINITY – SWBTS, FT. Worth, TX 1982-1985 (attended)
• BACHELOR OF SCIENCE – Blue Mountain College, Blue Mountain, MS Graduated 1982
• BACHELOR OF ARTS – Delta State University, Cleveland, MS 1976-1979 (attended)
• Certified Mediator – Civil, Commercial & Employment. Louisiana State Bar Association-ADR
• Certified Mediator – Family/Divorce & Child Custody. Louisiana State Bar Association-ADR
SOFTWARE / TECHNOLOGY EXPERIENCE
• Skilled in – Microsoft Office, Microsoft Outlook, Audio / Visual Applications
• Proficient in – WordPress Web Design, Server & Wi-fi Networking,
• Understands Digital VoIP Phone Systems, Laptop & Desktop Applications, Smart Phones, •Membership Database Software.
SALES / MARKETING EXPERIENCE
• Award-Winning Regional Sales Manager – captured the largest accounts in company history
• Sales Manager for Preneed Funeral Programs
• Assisted in the Corporate Rebranding Process (at a large corporation)
• Guided the complete Corporate Rebranding Process (at a smaller corporation)
• Produced necessary resources to market a global funding platform
• Guided the complete development of a corporate mobile giving application
LEADERSHIP / COACHING EXPERIENCE
• Founded and served as the head master of a private K-8th school
• Created a Policy and Procedures Manual for office personnel
• Pioneered an intensive, 3-day Leadership Equipping Workshop
• Capital Funds Campaign Consultant
• Coached Non-Profit Team Leaders About Financial Procedures and Industry Best Practices
• Specialist on Federal / IRS Non-Profit Financial Guidelines
• Presented Conferences on Implementing Systems to Prevent Embezzlement
• Presented Conferences on understanding and relating to Millennials
• Presented Workshops on Reducing Conflict in the Workplace
FOOD INDUSTRY EXPERIENCE
• Owner – MJ’s Smokehouse & Catering
• Team Leader at Wendy’s Fast Food Restaurant Company
• Convenience Store Assistant Manager
• Delicatessen Short Order Cook
MECHANICAL / MAINTENANCE EXPERIENCE
• Owner – MJ’s Garage; Repair / Restore 2 & 4 Cycle Engines, Parking Lot Striping
• Maintenance Team Member – Serviced Hydraulic; Pneumatic; Electrical; Mechanical; HVAC
• Manufacturing Equipment Operator – Cross-Trained on Small & Heavy Machinery
• Heavy Equipment Operator – Tractor; Fork Lift, Tow Motor, Combine; Cotton Picker
• Professional Cleaning and Auto Detailing
• Professional Lawn Care / Landscaping
• Parking Lot Striping
• Counseled couples, individuals and children with depression, dependency problems, relationship issues, marital issues, personal problems, phobias, compulsive disorders, bi-polar disorder, schizophrenia and paranoia
• Created The Real You Personality Profile. Gives individuals & teams the tools to understand the complex blend of their personality and how they relate to others. It is documented by a national big-box store to reduce workplace conflict and enhance team awareness and productivity. Given to 1,000+ people.
• Chaplain – Paid & Volunteer Fire Departments; Critical Incident Stress Debriefing Team Member